samedi 12 juillet 2014

Is that shabby chic?


J'ai essayé de faire une carte dans le style shabby-chic. Rose faite à la main, napperons, couture, bords usés... mais j'ai fait du plus moderne en remplaçant les indispensables perles du style shabby par des gemmes, et en utilisant du bolduc! J'aime bien le résultat, maintenant à vous de me dire si cette carte peut être considérée comme shabby-chic!
J'ai créé la rose pour cette carte en utilisant le fichier de découpe de Bird's cards (fleur n°6) sur du papier blanc, puis en colorant à l'encre Stampin'Up et en formant les pétales à l'aide d'une pince fine.
Ceci est l'image créée par "auto-awesome" de Google+ avec les photos que j'avais faites de ma carte. Le fond et le napperon se voient beaucoup mieux, par contre ma rose n'est pas aussi foncée que ça dans la vraie vie!
This is the auto-awesome result from Google+. You can see the background paper and the doily much better. However, my handmade rose is not as dark as this IRL!
I tried to make a shabby chic card. I used the usual ingredients for this style: roses, doilies,sewing, distressed edges for the paper... but I think I created a more modern than intended card by using rhinestones instead of pearls and some gift ribbon as an accent... Well, anyway, I quite like it, now you can tell me if you think it qualifies for the shabby chic style!
The rose is created using a cutting file from Bird's cards (flower 6). I cut all the parts in white cardstock, then used some Stampin'Up ink to color it. I used tweezers to shape the petals.
I would like to enter my card in the following challenges: Crafty Girls (anything goes), Art Impressions (use a doily), Charisma Cardz (anything goes), Creative Knockouts (sew it up: I used both machine stitching on the edges of the card and hand stitching for the zigzag on the blue paper), Crafty Catz (flowers), Wags 'n Whiskers (anything goes), Simon Says Stamp (start from scratch : that flower was only white cardstock when I begun!). 

8 commentaires:

  1. Lovely card, and I can see your shabby chic intentions here! :) Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. So pretty, thanks for joining us at Charisma, xxxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Great card! I like your effort at Shabby Chic. That is such a hard concept for me!
    Thank you for joining us on our Anything goes challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers!
    Yolanda DT

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. lovely flower and pretty ribbons, thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz challenge, hope to see you again
    Tilly

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Stunning card, beautiful dolly and embellishment! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Impressions' challenge! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Such a lovely card, very sweet! Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz! xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Great stitching and I love the flower. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Knockouts for our 'Sew it up' challenge.

    Hugs Helen DT x

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. This is a beautiful flowery card, love its sunny color and the big flower. Thank you for joining our 'flowers' challenge at Crafty Catz and don't forget to come back tomorrow to find out who is the winner and for the next challenge.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    RépondreSupprimer