jeudi 31 mars 2011

A thank you card


the sentiment reads "just wanted to say thanks"

Now that this card has been received, I can show it to you... My first ever stitched card! I really enjoyed making it. I sure will do it again! (but it's quite long and takes me away from my beloved promarkers, so I might not do it that often...). I used two different colors of the sew easy floss purple kit for the butterfly wings. The picture doesn't show that, but the aspect of the wings is quite different according to the angle at which you view them, due to direction in which the floss is stitched. The sketch is from the call for Paper Crafts Magazine September/October Issue (of course I received no news from them otherwise I wouldn't be showing you my card). I'd like to enter my card in the ABC Challenge: R is for Roses.



14 commentaires:

  1. wow the Butterfly is gorgeous and well worth the effort.
    Pretty lilac colours
    Lisa x

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. This is so sweet, love that stitching, its gorgeous xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. This is very pretty - I love how you have stitched the butterfly!

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Very beautiful Gaelle. That stitched butterfly is amazing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Wow Gaelle this is amazing!!! It must have taken you forever but well done for finishing it...I think I would have abandoned it for my Copics half way through!! xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. This is such a lovely and elegant card! Love that butterfly and the colors are fab! Such sweet roses too!Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week and good luck1 Hugs/sari

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Gorgeous Gaelle, what a wonderful technique, looks like it took quite some time to do! P x

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. It's gorgeous and I should know!!! It's on my post today so it's had a double viewing!

    Thanks again honey!

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Beautiful colors; love the tilted panel. Gorgeous!

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. What a beautiful card. Really lovely. This will have made someones day to receive such a thoughtful and lovely card.
    Take care
    Rachel and Angela
    Rainbow Studio's
    xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Lovely card, your stitching is fabulous ! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge. Sue C x

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Beautiful creation, thanks for sharing!

    Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
    http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/03/april-kit-preview-day.html

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Gaelle, this is absolutely stunning! You have far more patience than I do, lovely colors too!

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Wow, this is beautiful and you have way more patience than I do!!! Hugs, Karen

    RépondreSupprimer