mardi 25 janvier 2011

TLT - Totally Ladybug Tuesday - Plum crazy with stitching


Baby Baby

Le thème du challenge Ladybug Crafts Ink cette semaine a été choisi par Amber: "Plum crazy with stitching" qui peut se traduire par "couleur prune et couture". Difficile pour moi qui ne sais pas coudre... J'ai commencé par acheter l'outil "sew easy" mais il ne perce pas bien le papier épais, j'ai dû le renvoyer au magasin. Je me suis décidée à sortir la machine à coudre, aidée du tutoriel trouvé ici. Finalement j'aime bien, je pense que je referai des cartes avec de la couture dessus (enfin, pas à chaque fois, ça prend quand même beaucoup de temps!!!)

The theme for Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge this week has been chosen by Amber and she chose "plum crazy with stitching". It was a real challenge for me, and I am proud to present you my first ever card with machine sewing on it! I first bought the "sew easy" tool, then sent it back to the shop when I discovered it didn't pierce cardstock, and then decided to try and learn how to use my machine for stitching on paper... I watched this tutorial, then tried with my own machine, had to trash a few pieces of cardstock and then managed to make the above card. And I'm telling you, this is not going to be my last attempt at sewing! I quite like the end result...
My card follows the sketch from CLP challenge and uses a stamp from the Baby Baby set at Ladybug Crafts Ink (sentiment also from the set). I'd like to enter my card to the following challenges:




20 commentaires:

  1. Awwww how totally cute is this. Its gorgeous I sooooo love the image its a sweetie-pie.

    Also thankyou for joining us girlies at Crafts & Me, good luck hunni.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. well done with the stitching.. it looks great and the little image looks delightful in those gorgeous colours. Love the lace too
    Lisa;)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Tooooo sweet, Gaelle! The layout is brilliant and love that lace!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Ah Gaelle this is just the sweetest little card. Love it in those colours.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Beautiful card. Such asweet image and love your stitching. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. How sweet! And that lace is so pretty! Thank you for posting my giveaway. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Great card; you know I LOVE that image - I used it too! That's what you call great minds thinking alike!

    Love your layout!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. LOL...you'll be sewing everything in sight Gaelle! You've done a fantastic job...glad you sent that ES back...I wasn't impressed. Love the pp and lace and of course your colouring is flab xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Wow this is fantastic for your first time with the sewing!! I really want to be able to use a machine as well. The card is fabulous, I just love that image! Pami x

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Stunning card Gaelle! Your colouring is amazing, fab job with the stitching too
    Sue xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Absolutely beautiful Gaelle. I love the baby in plum. Your stitching looks perfect and I love the lace you've added.

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Adorable, love the layout and the lace trim and flowers are a nice touch! Thanks for all the lovely comments you have left on my blog!

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Awww such a sweet card...Love the adorable image...
    Mandy x

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. What a wonderfull project! I love it! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. What a gorgeous baby card! Totally adorable image and I just love all the purple. Thank you for joining us for this months sketch challenge at CLP.
    Hugs Bonnie
    CLP-Designer

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. Sewing is soooo addictive!!! I love stitching my cards, very therapeutic when it goes well, rather stressfull when it doesn't LOL!
    Beautiful card xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. Love the colors and the lacey trim. Thanks for playing in the WoodwareUSA challenge this week. Good luck!

    Kerry
    WWDT

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. Cute! Love the lace and stitching. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Craft Your passion in our "use Two Patterned Papers" challenge.

    RépondreSupprimer
  19. Ahhh, so sweet! I adore the image and the purple theme. A beautiful take on the Sketch.
    Love,
    Chelsea

    RépondreSupprimer
  20. Aww this is super sweet!
    Its just stunning, the wee image is lovely and the flowers just finish it off nicely!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Cardmakers this time!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    RépondreSupprimer